Threshold alerts and Device Technical Alerts are sent to the user by means of email and/or SMS.
A logged-in user can send a test email and SMS to himself to ensure he can receive emails and SMS messages. Users with No Access role cannot log in, but a user with the Account Owner role can send a test message to the user.
To send a test email and SMS:
- At the bottom of the left pane, click the arrow to the right of your login name.
- Select Profile. The Profile Details window opens.
- In the Profile Details window, click Test Email and SMS.
- In the Test Email and SMS window that appears, click Submit. Ensure that you receive an SMS and email.
To send a test email and SMS to a user with No Access role:
- In the left pane of the the UI UI, click Fleet (the Fleet application opens in a new tab). If you do not see Fleet, you do not have the correct user role.
- Click Users in the left panel of the Fleet application.
- In the Users pane, type the user's name in the Filter On All Columns field.
- Select the row with the user's name, and then click Set Action > Send Test SMS/Email. Select which test you want to do.
- Click Submit.
If no SMS or email message is received, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.