You can add technical alerts only for the humidity, battery, and communication status technical streams. An alert is sent when any of the three designated technical streams crosses the defined threshold.
You can add technical alerts only for the humidity, battery, and communication status technical streams. For example, you might want to send a technical alert when the battery is getting low or when excess humidity is sensed in the device. An alert is sent when any of the three designated technical streams crosses the defined threshold.
Technical alerts apply to all devices in the Account.
When a threshold is set to trigger an SMS, email, or voice alert, the alert is not sent immediately when the configured device threshold is crossed. Rather, alerts are sent according to the device's configured reporting profile. However, each alert has a timestamp which identifies exactly when the alert was triggered, as shown in the figure below.
It is highly recommended that every device, at a minimum, has a technical alert set up for humidity and for battery.
Wavelet Ex™ needs a technical alert only on the battery.
Wavelet 3™ needs technical alerts on only humidity and communication status.
It is also recommended to set up multiple alerts with different thresholds. For example, the first alert suggests it is time to schedule maintenance (for example, order replacement desiccants or battery) and the second alert indicates that the maintenance must be done now.
Voice alerts are a billable add-on. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to check if voice alerts are active for your Account.
To add a technical alert:
- In the left pane, click Devices.
- In the Sites Tree pane, click the Preferences icon adjacent to the Account name.
- Click + Add. The Create Technical Alert window opens.
- In the Create Technical Alert window, do the following actions:
- Select a Recipient Group. All members of the group you specify will receive the alert. Note that you need to first define a user group, as described in Adding a User Group.
- Select the Alert Type: Email, SMS, Email & SMS, or Voice.
- In Communication Status Threshold:
- Check the Communication Status Threshold box if you want to send an alert when the designated communication status occurs.
- Select whether to send an alert when communication status is Delayed or Interrupted beyond the configured threshold. Note that each device has its own Delayed Transmission and Interrupted Transmission thresholds, set at the device level. You can view and set these thresholds as described in Setting the Device Reporting Profile.
- Check the Internal Humidity Threshold check box if you want to send an alert when the internal device humidity threshold is exceeded.
- Use the slider to set the upper humidity threshold (in percentage of humidity). If the internal humidity level rises above the threshold, a humidity threshold alert will be sent. The default threshold is 80%.
- Check the Internal Battery Threshold check box if you want to send an alert when the internal battery threshold is crossed.
- Use the slider to set the lower battery threshold (in percentage of battery power remaining). If the internal battery level falls below the threshold, a battery threshold alert will be sent.
The default threshold is 20%, but it is recommended to set the alert for 30% .
5. Click Submit.