You can change any channel’s association with a group to a different group.
In Firmware versions older than 2.301, two default groups, Group 1 and Group 2, are provided. Channels do not need to be in a group in order to sample.
In Firmware version 2.301 and newer, six default groups, called Group 1...6, are provided. Serial and analog channels must be in a group, or they will not sample. For details about digital channels and groups, Digital Channel Advanced Configuration.
To change a channel’s association with a group:
- In the left pane, click Devices.
- In the Sites Tree pane, click the device name.
- In the right pane, click the Configuration. The Stream Management table is displayed.
- In the Stream Management table, make sure that Data Streams is selected in the top right drop-down box
- Locate the channel in the Stream Management table, and note its Type (stream type) and #(stream number). In our example, suppose that the channel's Type=Serial, and #=3.
- Perform the following actions:
- Scroll below the Stream Management table, and click Advanced Device Configuration.
- In the configuration tree, expand the node whose name is the channel’s type. In our example, this is the Serial node.
- Expand the CHANNEL node.
- Expand the node whose name is the channel’s number. In our example, this is the 3 node.
- Click down arrow for the group node.
7. Click Set Setting. Type in the new value of the group to associate the channel with.
- For an analog channel, see Analog Channel Advanced Configuration.
- For a serial channel, see Serial Channel Advanced Configuration.
- For a digital channel, see Digital Channel Advanced Configuration.
8. Save the configuration changes, and then validate that the device rebooted by doing the following steps:
a. Click Devices in the left pane, and then select the device in the Sites Tree pane.
b. In the right pane, click the Commands tab. You will see a Reboot command after a few seconds.
c. If no Reboot command is displayed, click Actions > Reboot in the Device Information pane to manually reboot the device.
Both the configuration changes and the reboot will take effect after the device contacts the server.